Great Community, Perfect Location!
Brighton is a great place to live, with it's proximity to the extensive sand beaches at Presqu'Ile Park, and it is quickly becoming a major destination for people retiring from Toronto. It provides easy access to Hwy. 401, and a run back to Scarborough only takes about an hour and 11 minutes.
Within Brighton, this home on Dorman Street has a perfect location. Just two blocks north of the vibrant downtown core, all of the facilities you need for shopping, plus services like the post office and library, are within an easy walking distance of about 3 minutes!
This home has 3 bedrooms plus a den, and 3 bathrooms. It could provide plenty of space for a growing family, and, if extra rooms are required, there is a full basement that can be developed as you wish.
The kitchen features an island with a gas stove, and smartly contrasting white cupboards with black counter tops. There is immediate access from the kitchen to the rear deck and a wonderful garden.
Both the living room and the dining room are comfortable and bright, with south facing windows.
The master bedroom is located a few steps up and over the garage. It has skylights in both the bedroom and the ensuite bathroom.
|Renovations and Improvements to the Property Since 2009
- new roof, 2009
- new furnace and central air conditioning, 2010
- pellet stove added, 2012
- new counter top in the laundry area
- three new toilets
- new vanities in the main bath and ensuite bath
- re-finished hardwood floors
- new flooring in main bath, hallway and foyer
- crown molding in living room, dining room, den and hallway
- removed panelling and suspended ceiling in the dining room, wallboarded and added ceiling fixture.
- installed built-in cupboards in the den
- two new cupboards in the kitchen, painted cupboards, new hardware and backsplash
- new light fixture in the kitchen
- decorated entire home
- installed waincotting in the hallway
- built in closets and new carpet in the master bedroom
- new washer and dryer, 2012
- new dishwasher, 2013
- new fridge, 2014
- outside: installed fence, trellis, and two sheds. Installed walkway in the back garden, built raised vegetable beds, installed 2 water barrels and composter, complete re-landscaping
- new hot water tank (owned), 2012
|Take a Video Tour of this Property on YouTube
|Take a Slideshow Tour
Note: Please click on any small image in these galleries to get an enlargement.
Just 3 Minutes Walk from Downtown Brighton?
Yes, it is.
If you would like to see the informal video I took while timing this walk it is available here.
One caution, it is an unedited video taken hand-held as I walked, so it is quite "jumpy".